Monday, May 21, 2007

Here are the Pictures!


Hi Guys!
I hope everything is just fine with every one of you that is reading this blog. Thank you very much for coming back to read and see the pictures of what I have been doing in Zambia and before. Like I have promise last week that I will post some of the pictures of what we have been doing in Zambia so far. Well I kept my promise and I did it you can click to this link address if you want to see the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/Manianga/MissionToZambia2007 Basically, we have been working with APPLE (AIDS Prevention Plus Life skills Education) Ministry for the last two weeks. I have been preaching and teaching the Word to high school students in two different school. We have to teach them the value of life, their promise and purpose in God and most importantly the self- esteem concepts based on the Word of God. HIV/AIDS is a very big issue here. People are dying at the rate you cannot imagine. Just yesterday, one of our Zambian Team facilitators has lost his uncle due to the disease. The subject is very taboo that they must do everything that people do no find out that he died of HIV. They have to say something like he died of TB. If people come to know that the person died of HIV the family becomes isolated. No one would like to talk to them or greet them by hands fearing that they too are infected of AIDS. People are dying but no one is disclosing the real cause behind their sickness which is HIV/AIDS. The hide it behind other names of diseases.

No comments: