Friday, April 6, 2007

I am alive and doing well!

When I came to this Country five years ago, I did not know exactly what to expect and what to do. I only had the sense of direction toward what I would like to guide my life and what I would like it to be like at the end of the day. Life has not been easy at all, coming from Africa, all my previous educational background and experience were deemed irrelevant to the great "Canadian experience". Therefore, I needed to go back to school to upgrade my education. Since, I did not have any money to sustain myself and support my family that stayed back in Africa, I have accepted a general labour work in a factory West of Toronto for over two years before I quit for Tyndale University College where I am at my third year of B.A. in Business Administration. Living my job for school was not easy at all in every respect. People called me crazy, an adventurer or a risk taker but I did not pay attention to their comment because I was the only one who new what exactly I wanted to see my life transformed to. Many of my country men and friends that came together with me to Canada were satisfied of their situation, striving in life, under paid and sweating in these factories with no hope of alternative future. I have made a decision to change the course of my life and I do not regret it at all. In the contrary I am so glad that I made it. Because of that, I have to do everything that I can and cannot to succeed in life starting with my university education. For five years I did not rest a single day. Facing the vision I have set to myself, and view my age and family responsibilities I would not relax for a moment any time soon. If I rest today, I will have to face an impossible task tomorrow. Therefore, I work hard today to relax later, I study today to enjoy tomorrow. The future is bright and hopeful in spite of what is going on in our world today, there is still a place for hope. And some of us know that!

No comments: